When the Backstreet Boys recently announced a “Larger Than Life” residency at The AXIS at Planet Hollywood Resort it was a watershed moment for Las Vegas.
Sin City has always been big on entertainment but for the longest time music options were limited to lounge acts like the great Wayne Newton or Rat Pack impersonators. Now Las Vegas is on the verge of becoming a musical destination on par with New Orleans, Nashville or New York.
According to the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, Gen Xers (born between 1965-1980) & Millennials (1981-1994) accounted for 59% of tourists in 2015. So it’s no surprise that Vegas’ musical offerings cater to those folks with a nostalgic bent. Check out this line-up of residences set for this Winter:
House of Blues:
- Santana 11/2-11/13, 1/25-1/29, 2/1-2/4
The Colosseum at Caesars
- Celine Dion 11/1-11/26, 1/17-2/3, 4/5-4/22, 5/16-6/3
- Elton John 10/14-10/30, 2/7-2/20
- Reba Brooks & Dunn 12/2-12/10, 2/22-2/25, 3/1-3/3
- Mariah Carey 4/26-5/13
- Rod Stewart 3/15-4/1
The AXIS theatre at Planet Hollywood
- Lionel Richie 12/27-12/30
- Britney Spears 10/19-11/19, 1/11-1/28, 2/1-2/3, 3/22-4/8, 5/3-5/20
- Jennifer Lopez 12/9-12/17, 2/8-2/25, 5/24-6/11
- Backstreet Boys 3/1-3/18, 6/14-7/1
- Boyz II Men 10/14-10/23, 11/3-11/25, 12/23-12/25
These residencies also benefit these less youthful artists as they can put on more elaborate shows without the hassle of having to go on tour. So for any travelers escaping to the Las Vegas this Winter, get them into the show with Events 365!