Ok, so summer is winding down and people are coming home from vacation, which leaves you wondering how you can stay top of mind with your clients and remind them how your sole purpose in life is to make sure they have fun. Right?
Well, to help solve your end of summer woes- we are going keep you educated with the absolute BEST live events to encourage your clients to attend this fall! And over the next few months you will see that we have all kinds of amazing sporting events, theater performances, concerts, and exciting new exclusive packages!
But first things first… NCAA and NFL football are both firing back up in the next few weeks, and since College Football gets underway first (going on now!), here’s the lowdown on what you need to know about what the future stars of your favorite NFL teams are up to this winter.
The season is kicking off with several games taking place over the next few days, and culminates with the greatly anticipated Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic on Saturday, September 1 featuring no. 7 Washington Huskies against no. 8 Auburn Tigers at 3:30pm at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA (home of Super Bowl 2019). This will mark the first time the two teams meet on the gridiron; it will also be the first SEC vs. Pac-12 matchup in the history of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game. Who do you anticipate will take home The Old Leather Helmet Trophy?
What’s new this year?
- Not really news, but Alabama’s Crimson Tide is on a roll! Under the guidance of coach, Nick Saban, the team has won five of the last national championships. ‘Bama better look out for Clemson and Georgia, who are looking to dethrone the college football powerhouse.
- Shea Patterson, from Ole Miss is starting at Michigan.
- Freshmen can appear in up to four games.
Most exciting teams this year?
- Alabama Crimson Tide (no surprise here, amiright?)
- Clemson Tigers (look out ‘Bama!)
- Georgia Bulldogs
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oklahoma Sooners
- Washington Huskies
This year, we want to take some of the guesswork out of talking about College Football, so we’re going to share a recap just how college football BOWL games work.
First of all, what is a bowl game?
- When a team qualifies to play a one-off matchup against a team of similar skill that it would not usually face in the regular season.
- A team qualifies by winning more total games than it has lost against its opponents in its subdivision.
- Losses in the conference championship game do NOT count
What’s the Schedule for the major Bowl Games?
||Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
||Bank of America Stadium
||Charlotte, North Carolina
||College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Capital One Orange Bowl
||Hard Rock Stadium
||Miami Gardens, Florida
||College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic
||San Francisco Bowl
||Santa Clara, Calif.
||Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
||Jack Stephens Field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
||AutoZone Liberty Bowl
||Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium
||San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl
||San Diego, Calif.
||TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
||TIAA Bank Field
||Hyundai Sun Bowl
||Sun Bowl Stadium
||El Paso, Texas
||Raymond James Stadium
||Camping World Stadium
||PlayStation Fiesta Bowl
||University of Phoenix Stadium
||Rose Bowl Game Presented by Northwestern Mutual
||Allstate Sugar Bowl
What’s the College Football Playoff Schedule?
- College Football Playoff Semifinal Cotton Bowl Classic (Semifinal): December 29 @ AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
- College Football Playoff Semifinal Orange Bowl (Semifinal): December 29 @ Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
- College Football Playoff Championship Presented By AT&T: January 7 @ Levi’s stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Now if all that football talk wasn’t quite your cup of tea, check out a few cool pieces of news we have to share with you!
Our friends at Travel Market Report are currently featuring an article sponsored by yours truly that is worth the read! Kerry Tice explores how Millennials are shaking up the standard in modern day traveling motivations and requirements.
Have you seen our new site? We relaunched Events365.com and we couldn’t be more excited! Head there now to see the new look, and tap into our robust Resources & Support section. Pro tip: Download free marketing assets from the Marketing & Training page!