Opening Day, All-Star Week & Top 10 Games
Nothing signifies Spring to sports fans more than the start of baseball season. MLB Opening Day this year kicks off on Thursday, March 29, when all 30 MLB clubs play their first games of the season on the same day for the first time since 1968. With 10 of the 15 games scheduled during the day expect a lot of people calling in sick to work.
Coming off a dramatic 7 game World Series win, the Houston Astros led by reigning MVP- Jose Altuve are expected to be the class of the American League. Not far behind is the New York Yankees who with the off-season addition of slugger Giancarlo Stanton are poised to make a run at the 1997 Seattle Mariners record of 264 home runs in a single season. The Los Angeles Dodgers coming off a 7-game heartbreaking World Series loss remain the team to beat in the National League while 2016 World Series champions Chicago Cubs and a bolstered rotation are likely to contend.
Click on the opening day matchups below, and get into the game!
All-Star Week – Washington, DC, July 17
This year’s All-Star Week, also known at the Midsummer Classic, is returning to the Nation’s Captial for the first time in the first time in fifty years.
Nationals Park is located just south of the Capitol, along the rapidly expanding Capitol Riverfront community, and will play host to several events leading up to and following the main event that takes place on July 17, 2018. Scroll down to see what kind of action your clients can check out before or after the Midsummer Classic.
- March 29: Opening Day (Multiple Locations)
- April 17: Chicago White Sox at Oakland Athletics (Free game)
- April 17-18: Minnesota Twins at Cleveland Indians (in Puerto Rico)
- May 22-23: Cleveland Indians at Chicago Cubs (2016 World Series Rematch)
- June 12-13: Washington Nationals at New York Yankees (Bryce Harper in Pinstripes? Preview)
- July 17: 89th MLB All-Star Game at Washington, DC
- July 19: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs (Only Scheduled Game for this day)
- August 3-5: Houston Astros at Los Angeles Dodgers (Top Interleague Matchup, rematch of the 2017 World Series)
- September 10-12: Houston Astros vs. Detroit Tigers (Justin Verlander Returns to Detroit)
- September 30: Regular-Season Finale
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs @ Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
NY Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park, Boston, MA